Amuck: to rush about wildly
That pretty well describes visits from my Grandson Sam, especially, this last one. The boy is a five-year-old perpetual motion machine. Sam and I kept each other busy last week.
- We toured the Jelly Belly factory just up the road (his favorite thing to do)
- Went to two large playgrounds
- Rode the streetcar
- Went to a children’s water park
- Went to the Lake Michigan beach (and brought a good deal of it home on him)
- Went to Michigan to get blueberries
- Climbed a giant sand dune there
- Kept Uncle Nathan more than a little busy
- Went to an outdoor concert, danced, and ate hot dogs
- Went to a Lake County Fielders game (new minor league team in the area), ate hot dogs, snow cones, and popcorn
- Jumped in and out of the wading pool and went down the water slide about a hundred times
- Chased Lulu, the chubby beagle all over the place
- Went to the farmer’s market
- Helped grandma cook
- Went to Taste of Wisconsin and ate more hot dogs
I told Sam that he had been running amuck. At first he denied it. Then he said he did run a little muck.
He is a good boy, smart, innocent, free, and happy about 95% of the time. We are always blessed by his presence!
Now, I need to rest!
Originally posted August 1, 2010.